Milk is a fine blend of all the nutrients and secreted by the animals to serve as the wholesome food for their sucking young ones. It contains proteins, fats, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals besides so many immunomodulators.
According to ayurveda milk in general sweet in taste, is unctuous, increases ojas(vitality), pacifies vata and pitta dosha, it is aphrodisiac, increases kapha dosha, is heavy to digest and cool.
Cow’s milk restorative (jivaniya) and degenerative (raasayana). It is suitable for those affected with weakness after injury. It promotes power of understanding, improves the strength, and is galactagogue and laxative. It relieves fatigue, giddiness, intoxication, inauspiciousness, dyspnoea, cough, thirst, hunger, chronic fever, dysuria and bleeding disorders.
1. Proteins – (A) Casein occurring in combination with calcium as calcium caseinogenate (B) Lactalbumin, (C) Lactglobulin
2. Fat- Milk fat is a good source of retinol and vitamin D.
3. Sugar – lactose is the carbohydrate present in al milk and less sweet than cane sugar
4. Vitamin – Milk contains all vitamins except vitamin C
5. Minerals – Milk contains all most all minerals needed by the body. It is rich in calcium and les in iron.
6. Milk contains all that is needed to improve the immunological status of the young child.
In olden days our atmosphere and water are not much polluted, green vegetables and grass are not nourished with poison. Nowadays everything changed. Our animals are eating and dirking polluted grass and water, so due to this reason we cannot predict all the qualities of milk. Animals usually don’t drink other animal’s milk. Human beings are only drinking other animal’s milk.